Saturday, March 28, 2009

Streamlining Time!

So I was at Celebrating Sisterhood today at the Redwood Road Seagull. (Shout-out to Edie and her people for putting on a great event!). I got to visit with some friends- Michele Ashman Bell, Jeri Gilchrist, Heather Moore and Angela Eschler.

Anyway, while I was talking to Michele about this whole blogging thing, I realized I need to do what she's doing- streamlining. So NCAllen is now specifically about writing, and Nifty Nancy is where I'm hosting the stuff I've been doing until now. I'll still do the fun stuff my friends and family enjoy, (or at least they're nice enough to tell me they do!) on that blog so that this one can be devoted to what I do for a living.

I plan to dedicate each day of the week on this blog to a specific writing-related topic. This is how I envision the schedule, and here's hoping I can stick to it:

Monday- Writing tips
Tuesday- Some books I enjoy
Wednesday- Publishing industry info
Thursday- Behind the scenes tidbits on my books
Friday- Author spotlights
Saturday- Writer's Guides and websites that I've found helpful.

At any rate, I really hope that maybe some writers-in-progress will stumble across the information I put here. Heaven knows I would have loved to have had it when I was trying to get published.

Thanks for your patience while I restructure! :-)

2 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

That's a great idea. I feel like I need to do something like that to my blog.

Jennie said...

I haven't streamlined so specifically, but twice a month I start a new contest to introduce readers to books I've reviewed within the last few years then award the books as prizes. Hopefully it will introduce readers to new (to them) authors. In between I blog about random topics and encourage readers to respond. It's good writing practice for them and gives me a chance to interact with my readers.