Friday, April 10, 2009

Author Spotlight- Jennie Hansen


My first author spotlight is someone I know personally and admire very much, both as a writer and a woman. She's amazingly talented, strong and kind. She's also witty and 9 times out of 10, I find myself saying, "Yeah, what she said!" She puts into words the things I'm thinking but she does it so much more effectively than I do.

Jennie has 20 published books to her credit, the most recent being High Country. She's written both contemporary and historical novels. She also has an impressive background as an award-winning journalist. I'm constantly in awe of the way she strings words together.

Jennie is also a book reviewer for Meridian. She does this in addition to her writing, family, and now temple work. One of the things I appreciate about Jennie, as a reviewer, is that she's honest, but kind. She is also so well-read that I know I can trust her opinion about good writing, regardless of whether or not we like the same kinds of books.


Here's a link to her website- as a reader I'm always happy to find author websites so I can read a little about them and discover how they started life as a published writer. Click on the link and learn some more about Jennie- that is, if you haven't already. It'll be worth your time!

She's really good.

And no, she didn't pay me to do this. ;-)

3 comments:

TRIBE'S said...

I really love Jennie!! I have read all of her books and she is one of my very favorites!

Jennie said...

Hey! You're making me blush. I think you're pretty great yourself.

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Jennie. And it's true, Lydia is one of your biggest fans!