Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall reads


I just threw open my window for the first time in...well...a long time. The temperature is slated for a high of 83ish and my home is well-shaded in the front, allowing for a nice, gentle breeze.

I do so love autumn! Just when I'm afraid summer will be eternal, fall slides in and redeems my faith in the beautiful 23 1/2 degree tilt and the fact that the sun now hangs lower in the southern sky and will soon bring Halloween and Thanksgiving in its wings.

I have certain books I love to read depending on the season. Not particular books, I suppose, but certain genres. I love a good, frothy romance in the summer. Nothing like a good beach read. In the fall I enjoy Dracula, Frankenstein, books that lend themselves to setting the mood for a good Halloween.

My book club is reading Ender's Game this month, and although I've read it before, I am so looking forward to getting into it again. Ok, it's not exactly Dracula, but for some reason it feels right for the season. I need to get on it- book club is in two weeks.

Do you have any books you like to read in the fall? Please share!

2 comments:

Courtney Price said...

Ender's Game is Card's best :) I just recently read his most recent (last year-ish) Ender book and I wanted to jump off a cliff :)

How about a little Poe?

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Courtney, how funny! I take it that meant jump off a cliff in a bad way. (Is there a good way to jump off a cliff?)

Poe is definitely on my list now! Why did I not think of him?! Mmmm, Fall of the House of Usher, Cask of Amontillado...