Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Project Notebooks, details coming soon!

So I've developed a system for writing that works really well for me. I even have a snazzy power point that I've developed to use for presentations. I've given it once, and will tweak it a bit for the teen conference coming up in a couple of weeks.

I basically put together a notebook for each new project I'm working on, and it becomes my bible until the book is finished. When it's done, it's kind of like a cool journal and a good reference to look back on, if needed. It's taken me a long time to figure out what works for me, and everybody's different so my system won't work exactly for someone else, but bits and pieces of it may.

After the teen conference on June 5, I'll post details about exactly what I put in my notebooks and you can see if there are pieces of it that will work for you.

And now, a teaser: I just made the most awesome project notebook for my current work-in-progress! Think all things Greek. :-)

4 comments:

Stephanie Abney said...

Sounds great. I look forward to you posting the details after your teen workshop. Thanks!

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

I do the same thing. Every book I'm writing has a notebook of its own full of research, characterizations, plot, catch phrases and anything else. Good to know I'm not alone. Have fun at the conference.

Kimberly Job said...

I'm still looking for a good system. Can't wait to see the details!

Jackie said...

This is such a good idea! I'm always coming back to projects that I can't figure out what in the world I was doing!