Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's a Breaking Dawn extravaganza!

So my friend, Karlene Browning, is hosting an awesome bridal/baby shower for Bella on her site, Inksplasher, and I get to be a sponsor! There are prizes galore and fun to be had by all. (My prize will be a copy of each of my Isabelle Webb novels, which are wonderful and romantic and mysterious and take place in India and Egypt.)

I was enchanted by Stephenie Meyer's ability to spin a good yarn when I read Twilight, and I envy her success in a very healthy way. :-) She's an amazing storyteller. And I'm a fan of anyone who can get people to read in droves.

Ok, so in terms of whether or not I'm in the Edward camp or the Jacob camp, I have to say that if I'm reading the books, I'm an Edward girl. If I'm watching the movies, I'm a Jacob girl. I'm sure Mr. Pattinson is very nice and all, but he wasn't my choice for Edward. Not really sure who would fill that role to my expectations, actually. Such perfection probably doesn't exist. :-)

Have fun with the shower, and again, check out Inksplasher daily!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That is about how I feel too. Except I lean towards Jacob a little in the books too. But only because I can't get Taylor Lautner out of my head when I read them. Fun weekend!

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Too funny, Nicole. And by the way, you so rock at Scrabble!

Megan said...

I love your books! I just wanted to say that first. I'm glad that someone else feels the way that I do about the books and movies, though! My sister and friends don't really get it!

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Thank you, Megan! And isn't it funny that people don't get the difference between the Edward on screen and the one in the book? Maybe if I hadn't read the books first...

Megan said...

I didn't read the books first though, I took my sister to see the movie for her birthday because that's what she wanted. She talked me into reading the books afterward. I had thought that Edward was cool in the movie until I read the book. Now, not so much.