Saturday, July 20, 2013

Update

Busy, busy, busy, but it's all with good things!

1. Shopping Beauty and the Clockwork Beast around to agents as we speak. It's generating interest, so I'm hopeful. It's a New Adult Steampunk Romance with a Jane Eyre/Gothic/fairy tale feel. Very fun.

2. Working right now on a Regency for my publisher, Covenant Communications. The project is tentatively titled Miss Carlisle Weds a Sailor. Loving it and can't wait to see it as a finished product!

3. Also working on another project that is, for now, a secret. :-) Secrets are fun.

4. Outlining the 2nd book in the Steampunk series--this one has a Rumpelstiltskin vibe. Plus ghosts and gadgets and gears and undead things thrown in for good measure. This project features two characters that are in Clockwork Beast, but it's a spin-off, not necessarily a sequel.

5. Beginning stages of a New Adult novella series that will be released on Kindle--I'll update with more news as that progresses, but they'll be fun, quick reads for teens and adults alike. (New Adult is a coming-of-age-into-adulthood, post high school kind of read and crosses all genres.)

I'm also still freelance editing--see my editing site for info about manuscript evals, etc. (www.campbellallen.blogspot.com)

I'm heading to a writers' retreat next weekend and I'm looking forward to the time to just sit and do nothing but write. There are two things I never saw coming as a teenager. 1) I never dreamed I'd one day make a living as a writer. Ok, maybe I dreamed it, but I didn't dare linger on it too much. Hardly practical, after all. And 2) I never dreamed I'd see the day when a Weekend Away would involve doing nothing but sitting in one spot, and not only that, but that I'd look forward to it like such a nerd! I also never dreamed there would come a day when I'd even consider leaving the house without makeup on, but that one came to fruition closely following the birth of my first child. My apologies to all who have, on more than one occasion, had to look at my plain face.

It's been a bit since I've updated any of my blogs so I do feel compelled to tell those who care for me that I am still a fan of the Diet Coke. There's just no getting around it. I try to leave it behind and it sucks me back in. (Cue Godfather theme...)

Busy, but happy. Loving my family and my life. :-)

8 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

So many wonderful things in the works! I can't wait to see what you do! You're amazing and I raise my Diet Coke in a salute

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Aw, thanks, Jen. *clicking Diet Coke glasses*

Penny said...

Woah Nellie! You have been a busy girl, haven't you! I see you're following your weird as well as your bliss. Knuckle bump.

Amy said...

Exciting stuff Nancy! Good luck with the new publications. And, enjoy that writing retreat. You are beautiful with or without make-up ;-)

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Thanks, Amy and penny!

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Thanks, Amy and penny!

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Thanks, Amy and penny!

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Thanks, Amy and penny!